Thesaurus for curb
Definition of curb
- (n): a stock exchange in New York
- (n): an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
- (n): a horse''s bit with an attached chain or strap to check the horse
- (v): place restrictions on; "curtail drinking in school"
- (v): to put down by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one''s desires"
- (v): keep to the curb; "curb your dogs"
- (v): lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"