Thesaurus for dare
Pronunciation of dare: D EH1 R (dɜr)
Number of syllables of dare: 1
Pronunciation Video of dare
Definition of dare
- (n): a challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy; "he could never refuse a dare"
- (v): challenge; "I dare you!"
- (v): take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission; "How dare you call my lawyer?"
- (v): to be courageous enough to try or do something; "I don''t dare call him", "she dares to dress differently from the others"
Examples of dare
- How dare you besmirch then name of the number 22 bus
- Dare County includes the northern half of the Outer Banks.
- It's unhealthy and unwholesome, dare I be uncivil to say neurotic
- Opacity and gloom do not dare to counter the dawn.
- However, how dare you despoil my talk page with those pictures
- I dare doubt in Holocaust scales because I don't like impudent liars.
- I'd dare anyone now to disentangle the two, his original and my edit.
- I dare anyone to deny me the bragging rights for the article.
- How dare any of us be the judge of what constitutes decent or indecent content.
- She accepts the dare and goes on the stage to sing with the band.