Thesaurus for deal
- trade, business deal, bargain, batch, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, softwood, hand, accumulation, aggregation, agreement, allocation, allotment, apportioning, apportionment, assemblage, assignation, board, collection, dealing, dealings, distribution, final result, large indefinite amount, large indefinite quantity, outcome, parceling, parcelling, plank, result, resultant, termination, transaction, understanding, whole lot, whole slew, wood
- cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, consider, take, look at, cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, manage, distribute, administer, mete out, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, sell, trade, care, conduct, carry on, share, divvy up, portion out, apportion, acquit, act, bear, behave, broach, carry, command, comport, control, deport, give, give out, hand, hand out, initiate, move, pass, pass on, pass out, reach, think about, transact, turn over
- related terms
Pronunciation of deal: D IY1 L (dil)
Number of syllables of deal: 1
Pronunciation Video of deal
Definition of deal
- (n): the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- (n): the act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- (n): a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he''s a master of the business deal"
- (n): an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- (n): the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement); "he got a good deal on his car"
- (n): the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn''t hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
- (n): (often followed by `of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
- (n): wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- (n): a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
- (v): take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
- (v): deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- (v): do business; offer for sale as for one''s livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- (v): sell; "deal hashish"
- (v): distribute to the players in a game; "Who''s dealing?"
- (v): give (a specific card) to a player; "He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
- (v): give out as one''s portion or share
- (v): administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
- (v): take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- (v): behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
- (v): be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can''t handle nuts"; "She managed her parents'' affairs after they got too old"
- (v): direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
- (v): come to terms or deal successfully with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- (s): made of fir or pine; "a plain deal table"
Examples of deal
- The deal modifies the previously signed but unfulfilled Wye agreement.
- Hilson was an irrepressible deal maker.
- Chicago has finalized a deal.
- Epizootic deal with disease in animal.
- We deal with adulteration of alcohol.
- The deal was finalized the following week.
- Malvinder Singh also said that this was a strategical deal and not a sell out.
- The man accepted the deal.
- He knows how to deal with prodiality.
- How do you deal with posers