Thesaurus for declare
Pronunciation of declare: D IH0 K L EH1 R
Number of syllables of declare: 2
Pronunciation Video of declare
Definition of declare
- (v): state firmly; "He declared that he was innocent"
- (v): declare to be; "She was declared incompetent"; "judge held that the defendant was innocent"
- (v): announce publicly or officially; "The President declared war"
- (v): proclaim one''s support, sympathy, or opinion for or against; "His wife declared at once for moving to the West Coast"
- (v): state emphatically and authoritatively; "He declared that he needed more money to carry out the task he was charged with"
- (v): make a declaration (of dutiable goods) to a customs official; "Do you have anything to declare?"
- (v): designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand
- (v): authorize payments of; "declare dividends"