Pronunciation of dedicate: D EH1 D AH0 K EY0 T ('dɛdə,keɪt)
Number of syllables of dedicate: 3
Definition of dedicate
- (v): set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
- (v): inscribe or address by way of compliment; "She dedicated her book to her parents"
- (v): give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one''s talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
- (v): open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building; "The Beauty Queen spends her time dedicating parks and nursing homes"
Examples of dedicate
- I will dedicate myself to learning it.
- And I dedicate myself to it's propagation and continued successfulness.
- I will dedicate myself to it after that.
- I'm going to dedicate a section to it.
- But they don't dedicate the whole FAQ to it.
- That's a lot of space to dedicate.
- I dedicate it to the public domain.
- And dedicate all power to creativity.
- And then decided to dedicate this portrait to her.
- Kismet and Stakar dedicate themselves to hunting down Era.