Thesaurus for defy
Pronunciation of defy: D IH0 F AY1 (dɪ'faɪ)
Number of syllables of defy: 2
Pronunciation Video of defy
Definition of defy
Examples of defy
- As usual your lugubrious posts defy rational thought and logic.
- After the first invasion, the Joseon Dynasty continued to defy the Manchurians.
- The phrase gave the South an excuse to defy the law of the land.
- The narrators defy the prison authorities.
- Some of those moves also defy the logic of the pages.
- In 1821, the Greeks were the first to defy the Sultan's authority.
- The robbers defy the armies of the Nephites and the Lamanites.
- The Futureman encourage the Hippie to defy this ghost from the past.
- The Teleri refused to help them defy the Valar.
- The dark stars that will defy the Heavens.