Thesaurus for delivery
- bringing, manner of speaking, speech, livery, legal transfer, pitch, rescue, deliverance, saving, obstetrical delivery, birth, conveyance, conveyance of title, conveyancing, conveying, deed, effort, exploit, expressive style, feat, nascence, nascency, nativity, recovery, retrieval, style, throw, transfer, transferral, transportation
Pronunciation of delivery: D IH0 L IH1 V ER0 IY0 (dɪ'lɪvəri)
Number of syllables of delivery: 4
Pronunciation Video of delivery
Definition of delivery
- (n): the act of delivering a child
- (n): recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon''s job is the saving of lives"
- (n): (baseball) the throwing of a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
- (n): the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail); "his reluctant delivery of bad news"
- (n): the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another
- (n): your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally; "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
- (n): the event of giving birth; "she had a difficult delivery"
Examples of delivery
- Plainspoken delivery made him famous.
- The main difference is the delivery method.
- The delivery stage is the final phase.
- I haven't thought about the delivery surcharge.
- In business, demurrage is a delay in delivery of a product via delivery truck.
- The proton is simply the means of delivery.
- These stamps only ensured delivery to the post office and not to the addressee.
- I'm almost not thinking about the delivery surcharge.
- The limiting factor is the delivery system.
- I like her dialogue delivery and her naturalness.