Thesaurus for destiny
Pronunciation of destiny: D EH1 S T AH0 N IY0 ('dɛstəni)
Number of syllables of destiny: 3
Pronunciation Video of destiny
Definition of destiny
- (n): the ultimate agency that predetermines the course of events (often personified as a woman); "we are helpless in the face of Destiny"
- (n): your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
Examples of destiny
- The destiny of the precious fossil is still unknown.
- This is a feckless way to guide America's destiny.
- It was her destiny to be unfortunate.
- The assignment requires the retrieving of the Stone Of Destiny.
- A successive plebiscite determinated the destiny of the city.
- But the Marlins were the team of destiny.
- Brandon went on to front Spear of Destiny with bassist Stammers.
- The novel deals with the themes of fate and destiny.
- He dies in the battle at the end of Ship of Destiny.
- I know that it is an ineluctable destiny.