Thesaurus for destroy
Pronunciation of destroy: D IH0 S T R OY1 (dɪ'strɔɪ)
Number of syllables of destroy: 2
Pronunciation Video of destroy
Definition of destroy
- (v): defeat soundly; "The home team demolished the visitors"
- (v): as of animals; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"
- (v): destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- (v): do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house"
Examples of destroy
- They would entrap the allies and destroy them by epidemic.
- We can damage or destroy enemies in many ways.
- These policies are not weapons to destroy an obdurate editor.
- Be careful and don't destroy the layout of the article.
- Torture is inflicted on the body to destroy the mind.
- The monstrous spider helped him to destroy the trees.
- The irreversible process will eventually destroy the object.
- Heat from composting should destroy or severely enervate the fungus.
- Owen suggests using the singularity scalpel to destroy the egg.
- The soldiers of the Cathedrals overwhelm Brannigan and destroy him.