Thesaurus for determined
Pronunciation of determined: D IH0 T ER1 M AH0 N D (dɪ'tɜrmɪnd)
Number of syllables of determined: 3
Pronunciation Video of determined
Definition of determined
- (s): strongly motivated to succeed
- (a): having been learned or found or determined especially by investigation
- (s): characterized by great determination; "a struggle against a determined enemy"
- (s): determined or decided upon as by an authority; "date and place are already determined"; "the dictated terms of surrender"; "the time set for the launching"
- (s): devoting full strength and concentrated attention to; "made continued and determined efforts to find and destroy enemy headquarters"
Examples of determined
- He is lively, plucky, determined and willful.
- The British people are determined and resolute.
- A determined soul will do more.
- The impression is determined by the color.
- Sir Richard Branson determined to populate Mars.
- The culprit was never conclusively determined.
- We determined to mix silt and clay.
- The feasibility of the project is determined.
- Locke sees these as socially determined.
- Poonsawat determined to regain title.