Thesaurus for discernment
Definition of discernment
- (n): the trait of judging wisely and objectively; "a man of discernment"
- (n): ability to make good judgments
- (n): perception of that which is obscure
- (n): delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- (n): the cognitive condition of someone who understands; "he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"