Thesaurus for dispense
Pronunciation of dispense: D IH0 S P EH1 N S (dɪ'spɛns)
Number of syllables of dispense: 2
Pronunciation Video of dispense
Definition of dispense
- (v): give or apply (medications)
- (v): administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
- (v): grant a dispensation; grant an exemption; "I was dispensed from this terrible task"
Examples of dispense
- I will dispense with the indent given the length of the thread.
- It also allowed the Soviets to dispense with the radarscope on the MiG 23.
- The cap body has an opening to dispense the spare lead from the groove.
- Many churches dispense with the cere cloth and the coverlet.
- I am not, I dispense with all the niceties and faff.
- But you can't dispense with it ..
- In the case of the Bishop of Rome, there was nobody to dispense him.
- I'd prefer we dispense with the needless pleasantries.
- Please stick to the facts and dispense with the editorial comments.
- Some dispense with jaunty graphics, delivering temperatures in sober gray text.