Thesaurus for distribute
- administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, spread, give out, hand out, pass out, circulate, pass around, pass on, circularize, circularise, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, diffuse, disperse, stagger, air, arrange, bare, be, displace, exist, gift, give, move, present, publicise, publicize, scatter, set up, spread out, transfer
- related terms
Pronunciation Video of distribute
Definition of distribute
- (v): cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- (v): distribute or disperse widely; "The invaders spread their language all over the country"
- (v): to arrange in a systematic order; "stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
- (v): cause to be distributed; "This letter is circulating among the faculty"
- (v): give out; "The teacher handed out the exams"
- (v): administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
- (v): make available; "The publisher wants to distribute the book in Asia"
- (v): be mathematically distributive
- (v): be distributed or spread, as in statistical analyses; "Values distribute"
- (v): spread throughout a given area; "the function distributes the values evenly"