Thesaurus for distribute
- administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out, spread, give out, hand out, pass out, circulate, pass around, pass on, circularize, circularise, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, diffuse, disperse, stagger, air, arrange, bare, be, displace, exist, gift, give, move, present, publicise, publicize, scatter, set up, spread out, transfer
- related terms
Pronunciation of distribute: D IH0 S T R IH1 B Y UW0 T (dɪ'strɪbjut)
Number of syllables of distribute: 3
Pronunciation Video of distribute
Definition of distribute
- (v): cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- (v): distribute or disperse widely; "The invaders spread their language all over the country"
- (v): to arrange in a systematic order; "stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
- (v): cause to be distributed; "This letter is circulating among the faculty"
- (v): give out; "The teacher handed out the exams"
- (v): administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
- (v): make available; "The publisher wants to distribute the book in Asia"
- (v): be mathematically distributive
- (v): be distributed or spread, as in statistical analyses; "Values distribute"
- (v): spread throughout a given area; "the function distributes the values evenly"
Examples of distribute
- The advertisers distribute publicity material to the crowd.
- The playback engine is free to distribute.
- They would proselytize in the streets and distribute pamphlets.
- Working together may help the participants to distribute the workload.
- High officials might distribute largesse to be used for roads.
- Feel free to distribute the largess.
- Gaines was the first to distribute through newsstands.
- Distribute the summation on the right side.
- The burner is designed to properly oxygenate and distribute the flames.
- High officials might distribute largess to be used for roads.