Thesaurus for doctor
Pronunciation of doctor: D AA1 K T ER0 ('dɑktər)
Number of syllables of doctor: 2
Pronunciation Video of doctor
Definition of doctor
- (n): (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the othodoxy of their theological teaching; "the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
- (v): give medical treatment to
- (v): restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- (v): alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
Examples of doctor
- The doctor cured the patient.
- The doctor noticed the exigency.
- Will your doctor prescribe antibiotics
- The doctor specializes in otorhinolaryngology.
- The doctor told him that there is no treatment for weal.
- The doctor prescribed the welt.
- The doctor vaccinated the children.
- He is a genetic doctor in a hospital.
- The doctor anesthetized the patient.
- The doctor makes the injections.