Thesaurus for duplicate
Pronunciation of duplicate: D UW1 P L AH0 K AH0 T ('du,pləkeɪt)
Number of syllables of duplicate: 3
Pronunciation Video of duplicate
Definition of duplicate
- (n): a copy that corresponds to an original exactly; "he made a duplicate for the files"
- (n): something additional of the same kind; "he always carried extras in case of an emergency"
- (v): increase twofold; "The population doubled within 50 years"
- (v): make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
- (v): make a duplicate or duplicates of; "Could you please duplicate this letter for me?"
- (v): duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- (s): being two identical
- (s): identically copied from an original; "a duplicate key"
Examples of duplicate
- Can someone address this duplicate version expeditiously
- This is the duplicate of the image above.
- My main issue is the pervasiveness of duplicate links.
- Stainless steel strainer is just a duplicate article of colander.
- They unlocked the door with the duplicate key.
- The page is a duplicate of the above.
- Miceli asked the FBI to duplicate the test on the band.
- Duplicate article at Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk.
- Each duplicate has the strength and stamina of an ordinary human.
- The first is a duplicate of the sixth.