Pronunciation of eliminate: IH0 L IH1 M AH0 N EY0 T (ɪ'lɪmə,neɪt)
Number of syllables of eliminate: 4
Definition of eliminate
- (v): eliminate from the body; "Pass a kidney stone"
- (v): kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- (v): terminate or take out; "Let''s eliminate the course on Akkadian hieroglyphics"
- (v): remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations
- (v): dismiss from consideration; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
- (v): remove from a contest or race; "The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- (v): do away with
Examples of eliminate
- I suggest reworking the article to eliminate the extraneous stuff.
- Why use this process to eliminate the innocuous
- The men wanted to eliminate the exotoxin.
- Taking the upscale off the article would eliminate the POV.
- The aim of the was to eliminate the Jewish race.
- Efforts to eliminate the penny in the United States.
- Eliminate the requirement, and the problems vanish.
- In short, he wants to eliminate all of the selfishness.
- Hygienic disposal of waste would be sufficient to eliminate the disease.
- Why do you use this process to eliminate the innocuous