Thesaurus for enjoy
Pronunciation of enjoy: EH0 N JH OY1 (ɛn'dʒɔɪ)
Number of syllables of enjoy: 2
Pronunciation Video of enjoy
Definition of enjoy
- (v): take delight in; "he delights in his granddaughter"
- (v): have benefit from; "enjoy privileges"
- (v): derive or receive pleasure from; get enjoyment from; take pleasure in; "She relished her fame and basked in her glory"
- (v): get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
- (v): have for one''s benefit; "The industry enjoyed a boom"
Examples of enjoy
- He cannot enjoy the frosty weather.
- You just enjoy being obdurate.
- I enjoy our repartee and your good humor in dealing with me.
- She seems to enjoy the housework.
- Enjoy the downscaling of workload.
- In the meantime, I'll enjoy procrastinating.
- The two enjoy an idyllic holiday.
- Let us love and cherish each other and enjoy nourishing food and good health.
- The boys enjoy scuba diving.
- He seemed to enjoy the infamy.