Thesaurus for entry
- introduction, debut, first appearance, launching, unveiling, accounting entry, ledger entry, submission, entrance, entranceway, entryway, entree, entering, ingress, incoming, access, accounting, accounting system, approach, arrival, beginning, commencement, content, message, method of accounting, start, subject matter, substance, written account, written record
Pronunciation of entry: EH1 N T R IY0 ('ɛntri)
Number of syllables of entry: 2
Pronunciation Video of entry
Definition of entry
- (n): the act of entering; "she made a grand entrance"
- (n): the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
- (n): something that provides access (entry or exit); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
- (n): an item inserted in a written record
- (n): something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition); "several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submissio
- (n): a written record of a commercial transaction