Thesaurus for erect
Pronunciation of erect: IH0 R EH1 K T (ɪ'rɛkt)
Number of syllables of erect: 2
Pronunciation Video of erect
Definition of erect
- (v): construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
- (v): cause to rise up
- (s): of sexual organs; stiff and rigid
- (a): upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"
Examples of erect
- Flowers on pedicels, erect, but drooping to the ends.
- Erect aquatic or subaquatic ferns of moderate size.
- The fruits develop in the remnants of the sepals on erect stalks.
- It is a sticky everlasting erect viscid herb.
- The supposedly flaccid picture looks partially erect to me.
- Stems are arborescent, either erect or decumbent.
- A photo of an erect and flaccid circumsised penis.
- Leaves are flat, erect, scabrous, approximately as long as inflorescence.
- The head of the cat is round and the ears erect.
- I assume flaccid, but does anyone know the erect size