Thesaurus for establish
Pronunciation of establish: IH0 S T AE1 B L IH0 SH (ɛ'stæblɪʃ)
Number of syllables of establish: 3
Pronunciation Video of establish
Definition of establish
- (v): use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some observation"
- (v): establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- (v): institute, enact, or establish; "make laws"
- (v): place; "Her manager had set her up at the Ritz"
- (v): set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- (v): bring about; "The trompe l''oeil-illusion establishes depth"
- (v): build or establish something abstract; "build a reputation"
- (v): set up or found; "She set up a literacy program"
Examples of establish
- Alimony is prositution in arears, where the courts establish the fees.
- Also, establish the boundaries of the content of the article.
- The wikipedia article's purpose is not to establish culpability.
- Credentials in cryptography establish the identity of a party to communication.
- Eastman also donated the funds to establish the Eastman Dental Dispensary.
- In the foreword, I establish a new poetics of plasticity.
- Eastman also donated the funds to establish the Rochester Dental Dispensary.
- The formers establish the shape of the fuselage.
- Paradoxically, some of these disasters would help establish the Renaissance.
- The skills to install, establish, and troubleshoot Outlook E mail accounts.