Thesaurus for expect
Definition of expect
- (v): be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
- (v): look forward to the birth of a child; "She is expecting in March"
- (v): consider reasonable or due; "I''m expecting a full explanation as to why these files were destroyed"
- (v): regard something as probable or likely; "The meteorologists are expecting rain for tomorrow"
- (v): look forward to the probable occurrence of; "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- (v): consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren''t we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"