Thesaurus for experience
Pronunciation of experience: IH0 K S P IH1 R IY0 AH0 N S
Number of syllables of experience: 4
Pronunciation Video of experience
Definition of experience
- (n): the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities; "a man of experience"; "experience is the best teacher"
- (n): the content of direct observation or participation in an event; "he had a religious experience"; "he recalled the experience vividly"
- (n): an event as apprehended; "a surprising experience"; "that painful experience certainly got our attention"
- (v): undergo; "The stocks had a fast run-up"
- (v): have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two d
- (v): undergo an emotional sensation; "She felt resentful"; "He felt regret"
- (v): of mental or physical states or experiences; "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "undergo a strange sensation"; "The chemical undergoes a sudden change"; "The fluid undergoes shear"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
- (v): go or live through; "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw action in Viet Nam"