- look, aspect, facial expression, face, manifestation, reflection, reflexion, verbal expression, verbalism, saying, locution, formulation, formula, construction, grammatical construction, biological process, communicating, communication, constituent, countenance, demo, demonstration, expressive style, grammatical constituent, language, mathematical statement, oral communication, organic process, speech, speech communication, spoken communication, spoken language, squeeze, squeezing, style, visage, voice communication
- (n): the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing; "the expression of milk from her breast"
- (n): the expression on a person''s face; "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
- (n): a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
- (n): a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
- (n): expression without words; "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart''s condition"
- (n): the style of expressing yourself; "he suggested a better formulation"; "his manner of expression showed how much he cared"
- (n): the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions; "expressions of good will"; "he helped me find expression for my ideas"
- (n): a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations; "pardon the expression"
- (n): (genetics) the process of expressing a gene