Thesaurus for extremity
Pronunciation of extremity: EH0 K S T R EH1 M AH0 T IY0 (ɪk'strɛmɪti)
Number of syllables of extremity: 4
Pronunciation Video of extremity
Definition of extremity
- (n): an external body part that projects from the body; "it is important to keep the extremities warm"
- (n): that part of a limb that is farthest from the torso
- (n): the outermost or farthest region or point
- (n): the greatest or utmost degree; "the extremity of despair"
- (n): an extreme condition or state (especially of adversity or disease)
Examples of extremity
- The village of Pooley Bridge is at the northern extremity of the lake.
- It surmounts the eastern extremity of Sopot Ice Piedmont to the north.
- In the video, the airplane launches the missile from the extremity of the wing.
- The house is located at the northern extremity of the aile des nobles.
- The location of the eastern extremity has varied over the years.
- The lowest extremity of the townland of Tobermore is 130 feet in altitude.
- Grike stands at the extremity of the southern arm.
- It is one of the highland towns forming the southern extremity of the province.
- In the video, the airplane launches the missile from the wing extremity.
- The coldness of the extremity can easily be detected by thermography scanning.