Thesaurus for fate
Pronunciation of fate: F EY1 T (feɪt)
Number of syllables of fate: 1
Pronunciation Video of fate
Definition of fate
- (n): the ultimate agency that predetermines the course of events (often personified as a woman); "we are helpless in the face of Destiny"
- (n): your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
- (v): decree or designate beforehand; "She was destined to become a great pianist"
Examples of fate
- Nobody know the fate of the Queen.
- The fate of the motorcycle rider is unclear.
- Anyone know the fate of the loops
- Whatever betides, she will share your fate.
- The fate of the vehicle is unknown.
- The fate of the porcupine is unknown.
- The fate of the battle was decided.
- She believes in fate.
- Fate turns against the usurper and an insurgence seals that fate.
- The fate of the prototype is unknown.