Thesaurus for feed
- give, feed in, eat, run, flow, course, prey, feast, fertilize, fertilise, advance, boost, cater, consume, enclose, encourage, enrich, exploit, furnish, further, have, inclose, ingest, insert, introduce, move, ply, promote, provide, put in, regale, render, stick in, supply, take, take in, treat, work
- related terms
Definition of feed
- (n): food for domestic livestock
- (v): introduce continuously; "feed carrots into a food processor"
- (v): provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to; "We should fertilize soil if we want to grow healthy plants"
- (v): give food to; "Feed the starving children in India"; "don''t give the child this tough meat"
- (v): take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn''t eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
- (v): serve as food for; be the food for; "This dish feeds six"
- (v): feed into; supply; "Her success feeds her vanity"
- (v): provide as food; "Feed the guests the nuts"
- (v): gratify; "feed one''s eyes on a gorgeous view"
- (v): profit from in an exploitatory manner; "He feeds on her insecurity"
- (v): move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- (v): support or promote; "His admiration fed her vanity"