Thesaurus for fix
- repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, fasten, secure, specify, set, determine, limit, cook, ready, make, prepare, pay back, pay off, get, fixate, sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise, situate, posit, deposit, set up, gear up, alter, ameliorate, amend, attach, better, change, choose, constitute, create from raw material, create from raw stuff, establish, found, get back, get even, improve, institute, lay, meliorate, modify, operate, operate on, pick out, place, plant, pose, position, put, select, take
Definition of fix
- (n): a determination of the location of something; "he got a good fix on the target"
- (n): an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to bear; "collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers"
- (n): the act of putting something in working order again
- (n): something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a narcotic drug; "she needed a fix of chocolate"
- (n): informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- (v): make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disbilites are sterilized"
- (v): restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- (v): make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
- (v): kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
- (v): make fixed, stable or stationary; "let''s fix the picture to the frame"
- (v): decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- (v): take vengeance on or get even; "We''ll get them!"; "That''ll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
- (v): cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- (v): put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
- (v): set or place definitely; "Let''s fix the date for the party!"
- (v): prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"