Thesaurus for fixed
Pronunciation of fixed: F IH1 K S T (fɪkst)
Number of syllables of fixed: 1
Pronunciation Video of fixed
Definition of fixed
- (s): incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g. "frozen prices"; "living on fixed incomes"
- (s): directed with intense concentration; "a fixed stare"; "an intent gaze"
- (s): (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
- (a): securely placed or fastened or set; "a fixed piece of wood"; "a fixed resistor"
- (s): specified in advance; "a given number"; "we will meet at a given time and location"
- (s): fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O''Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
- (s): not increasing as the amount taxed increases
- (s): mended or put in working order; "a reconditioned sewing machine"; "a repaired vacuum cleaner"; "the broken lock is now fixed"
- (s): intent and directed steadily; "had her gaze fastened on the stranger"; "a fixed expresson"
Examples of fixed
- The fixed tissue is then dehydrated.
- The person fixed the excursive writings.
- They fixed the song entirely.
- He fixed the bedecked table.
- I fixed the redirect from effeminate.
- She intelligently fixed the problem.
- The recitative problems have been fixed.
- This redundance should be fixed.
- The man fixed the andiron.
- The engineer fixed the aileron.