Thesaurus for flavor
Pronunciation of flavor: F L EY1 V ER0 ('fleɪvər)
Number of syllables of flavor: 2
Pronunciation Video of flavor
Definition of flavor
- (n): the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- (n): (physics) the kinds of quarks and antiquarks
- (n): the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- (v): lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
Examples of flavor
- This allows the flavor to meld.
- The Tangy Citrus flavor is mostly composed of grapefruit.
- I was trying to catch the flavor of the moment.
- The honey barbecue flavor transitioned over to the twists.
- Bouillon is sometimes used to enhance the flavor.
- The major function of the brine is flavor enhancement.
- One purpose is flavor, the nitrites giving a sharp, piquant flavor to the meat.
- The food prepared had an acidulous flavor.
- The flavor is strong and the taste is heavy.
- The liquor has a piquant flavor.