Thesaurus for flavour
Pronunciation of flavour: F L AH0 V AW1 R ('fleɪvər)
Number of syllables of flavour: 2
Pronunciation Video of flavour
Definition of flavour
- (n): the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- (n): (physics) the kinds of quarks and antiquarks
- (n): the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
- (v): lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
Examples of flavour
- If it tasted as you expected with no odd flavour then, by jingo, we'd eat it.
- The flavour is somewhat like venison.
- I'll try to give the flavour of the isssue.
- Cinnamon is the dominant flavour.
- The cooling method alters the flavour and mouthfeel.
- The blue veins have a smoky, earthy flavour.
- The flavour is aromatic and sweet.
- The vanilla flavour derives from the ice cream.
- Garlic improves the flavour of the casserole.
- Salt also adds to the flavour of the cheese.