Thesaurus for flowing
Pronunciation of flowing: F L OW1 IH0 NG ('floʊɪŋ)
Number of syllables of flowing: 2
Pronunciation Video of flowing
Definition of flowing
- (n): the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- (a): (of water) rising to the surface under internal hydrostatic pressure; "an artesian well"; "artesian pressure"
- (s): smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"; "liquid prose"
- (s): (of liquids) moving freely; "a flowing brook"
- (s): moving smoothly and continuously; "crowds flowing through the canyons of the streets"; "fan streaming into the concert hall"
Examples of flowing
- The stuff inside it suggests the flowing of glitter.
- The fissure eruptions resulted in lava flowing from the fissure.
- Crashing and discordant at one moment, gentle and flowing the next.
- The men have flowing moustaches.
- The flowing posture moves and the seized posture is empty.
- In the article, the kanji character means flowing with the tide.
- As the disease progressed, sputum became free flowing and bright red.
- The fissure probably started the water flowing to make the channel.
- Flowing through the village are the rivers Lark and Fynn.
- The river is flowing smoothly.