Thesaurus for formulate
- explicate, develop, invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, forge, give voice, word, phrase, articulate, conjecture, create by mental act, create from raw material, create from raw stuff, create mentally, evince, express, hypothecate, hypothesise, hypothesize, show, speculate, suppose, theorise, theorize
Definition of formulate
- (v): elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses; "Could you develop the ideas in your thesis"
- (v): put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
- (v): come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or priciple) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- (v): prepare according to a formula