Pronunciation of freshet: F R EH1 SH IH0 T ('frɛʃɪt)
Number of syllables of freshet: 2
Pronunciation Video of freshet
Definition of freshet
Examples of freshet
- A freshet in 1894 caused the new course to become permanent.
- The river is known for ice jams during the spring freshet.
- I think the freshet caused the tree's death.
- The crops were destroyed by a freshet and starvation was before them.
- The flood was caused by a freshet.
- A man predicts a freshet is going to come.
- This bridge was washed away by a freshet in 1869.
- The freshet caused a lot of deaths.
- Water flow is highest during the spring freshet and lowest in the fall.
- Another freshet closed the bridge.