Thesaurus for generate
Pronunciation of generate: JH EH1 N ER0 EY0 T ('dʒɛnə,reɪt)
Number of syllables of generate: 3
Pronunciation Video of generate
Definition of generate
- (v): make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
- (v): bring into existence; "The new manager generated a lot of problems"; "The computer bug generated chaos in the office"
- (v): produce (energy); "We can''t generate enough power for the entire city"; "The hydroelectric plant needs to to generate more electricity"
- (v): give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
Examples of generate
- The ghara is used to generate a resonant hum during vocalization.
- The scientists generate the report.
- The series helped generate interest in the sport of parachuting.
- Generate a handout or step the students through the problem.
- It helps to generate micro fractures in robust cortical mammalian bone.
- The cells can generate itself easily.
- To generate the first two digits is quite laborious.
- The falling stone will generate ripples in the liquid.
- Microbes can generate carbon compounds.
- Jubilation has the ability to generate colorful plasma.