Thesaurus for grasp
Definition of grasp
- (n): the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
- (n): a firm controlling influence; "they kept a firm grip on the two top priorities"; "he was in the grip of a powerful emotion"; "a terrible power had her in its grasp"
- (n): the limit of capability; "within the compass of education"
- (n): understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something; "he has a good grasp of accounting practices"
- (v): get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- (v): hold firmly