Thesaurus for groom
Pronunciation of groom: G R UW1 M (grum)
Number of syllables of groom: 1
Pronunciation Video of groom
Definition of groom
- (n): a man who has recently been married
- (n): a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
- (n): someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
- (v): care for one''s external appearance; "He is always well-groomed"
- (v): give a neat appearance to; "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
- (v): prepare (someone) for a future role or function; "He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
Examples of groom
- She kidnapped the bewildered groom on the morning of the wedding.
- The marriage is fixed by consulting the horoscopes of the bride and groom.
- The groom ties the mangal sutra around the neck of the bride.
- The marriage is negotiated between the families of the bride and the groom.
- The bride and the groom come to the town.
- The ceremony marks the start of manhood for the groom.
- The groom wore a fancy suit.
- The groom was the focal point of the wedding.
- The bride was Icelandic and the groom Italian.
- The attendants groom and feed the queen.