Thesaurus for guess
Pronunciation of guess: G EH1 S (ɡɛs)
Number of syllables of guess: 1
Pronunciation Video of guess
Definition of guess
- (n): an estimate based on little or no information
- (n): a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- (v): expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn''t think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- (v): guess correctly; solve by guessing; "He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
- (v): judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- (v): put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
Examples of guess
- I guess anything to numb the pain.
- I guess the editor misinterpret the information.
- I guess the insemination is artificial.
- I guess you could also think of it as sarcasm rather than a malapropism.
- I guess that's my tiredness seeping in.
- I guess my issue was that the players probably didn't think it interminable.
- Guess the identity of the person.
- I guess the process is ineluctable.
- I guess we look staid and respectable.
- I guess the topic is somewhat vexing.