Thesaurus for guide
Pronunciation of guide: G AY1 D (ɡaɪd)
Number of syllables of guide: 1
Pronunciation Video of guide
Definition of guide
- (n): a model or standard for making comparisons
- (n): something that offers basic information or instruction
- (n): someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- (n): someone who can find paths through unexplored territory
- (n): someone employed to conduct others
- (v): guide or pass over something; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
- (v): direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- (v): take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
- (v): use as a guide; "They had the lights to guide on"
- (v): be a guiding force, as with directions or advice; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
Examples of guide
- We object the generalization of the guide.
- The imp is our true spirit guide.
- The guide explained the origin of the name.
- Reading the safety guide is preclusive.
- According to the guide, the show is a mixture of infotainment and fiction.
- The company of a guide to show the ways and guide the hikes is fundamental.
- The collapsible easel includes a guide panel.
- A shaving chain guide is associated with the plane guide in the conveyor.
- The travel guide criticism is facile.
- The guide can't realistically be both.