Thesaurus for handle
Pronunciation of handle: HH AE1 N D AH0 L
Number of syllables of handle: 2
Pronunciation Video of handle
Definition of handle
- (n): the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it; "he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
- (v): deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- (v): touch, lift, or hold with the hands; "Don''t handle the merchandise"
- (v): handle effectively; "The burglar wielded an axe"
- (v): show and train; "The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"
- (v): be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can''t handle nuts"; "She managed her parents'' affairs after they got too old"
- (v): interact in a certain way; "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"