Thesaurus for happen
Definition of happen
- (v): come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- (v): come into being; become reality; "Her dream really materialized"
- (v): happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance; "It happens that today is my birthday"; "These things befell" (Santayana)
- (v): come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
- (v): chance to be or do something, without intention or causation; "I happen to have just what you need!"