Thesaurus for hardening
Pronunciation of hardening: HH AA1 R D AH0 N IH0 NG ('hɑrdənɪŋ)
Number of syllables of hardening: 3
Pronunciation Video of hardening
Definition of hardening
Examples of hardening
- In some ways they don't gel, in others they harden into cement.
- This causes the exterior of the material to harden faster than the interior.
- The water will harden as ice crystals upon the surface of the banana.
- The Albanian you had better harden in the smoke.
- The whole thing is then cooked again to harden the whites around the yolk.
- The second firing to harden and adhere the glaze.
- The young leaves can be eaten if gathered before the prickles harden.
- The flash is trimmed and then quenched to room temperature to harden the part.
- The ovaries all more or less cohere and harden in fruit.
- A third function is to harden the lining of the womb.