Thesaurus for honour
Pronunciation of honour: AA1 N ER0 ('ɑnər)
Number of syllables of honour: 2
Pronunciation Video of honour
Definition of honour
- (n): a woman''s virtue or chastity
- (n): the quality of being honorable and having a good name; "a man of honor"
- (n): a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
- (n): the state of being honored
- (v): accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts"
- (v): show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
- (v): bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageus action"
Examples of honour
- The festival was in honour of Dionysus Lenaius.
- He was the first African to receive the honour of knighthood.
- In 1953, the badge was given an augmentation of honour.
- My honour is the steadfast strength of my brethren.
- All the Autobots pay the last honour to the dying hero.
- The Infant Jesus was given the place of honour.
- Rectitude and honour being on extended leave of absence is why.
- In the Republic, the triumph was the highest honour.
- He named the country Darling, in honour of the Governor.
- Here he means the honour of the chastity of his uncorrupted wife.