Thesaurus for imagine
Pronunciation of imagine: IH0 M AE1 JH AH0 N (ɪ'mædʒɪn)
Number of syllables of imagine: 3
Pronunciation Video of imagine
Definition of imagine
- (v): expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn''t think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
- (v): form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case; "Can you conceive of him as the president?"
Examples of imagine
- Imagine the article was the picture of a person.
- Can you imagine the pandemonium
- Imagine the sound of comic opera, then imagine the sound of oratorio.
- I can't imagine a more effective picture.
- Conceptual knowledge is the ability to imagine the macro picture.
- Imagine the absence of people from the economy.
- Can you imagine the indignation
- To foster creativity, one needs to imagine and dream.
- Let's just imagine the end of the globalization.
- That wouldn't be quite as forgivable I imagine.