Thesaurus for impact
Pronunciation of impact: IH0 M P AE1 K T (ɪm'pækt)
Number of syllables of impact: 2
Pronunciation Video of impact
Definition of impact
- (n): influencing strongly; "they resented the impingement of American values on European culture"
- (n): the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat; "the armies met in the shock of battle"
- (n): the striking of one body against another
- (n): a forceful consequence; a strong effect; "the book had an important impact on my thinking"; "the book packs a wallop"
- (v): have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
- (v): press or wedge together; pack together
Examples of impact
- The impact of the border was harsh.
- The impact was sensational and immediate.
- The Impact won the inaugural tournament.
- Estimating the predatory impact of gelatinous zooplankton.
- Litz wire reduces the impact of the skin effect and the proximity effect.
- The impact had crippled the company.
- The social impact of the product is the most rewarding result.
- The offence made the biggest impact.
- The effect of the impact increased to a multitude.
- The impact upon the economy is devastating.