Pronunciation of inflict: IH0 N F L IH1 K T (ɪn'flɪkt)
Number of syllables of inflict: 2
Definition of inflict
Examples of inflict
- Hitting this will inflict great damage.
- For the pain they will inflict on other people.
- Ryan sidestepped when asked which would inflict the most harm on the economy.
- It is inexpedient to inflict punishment.
- I've found it best to not inflict my moves on anyone, no matter what song is playing.
- The wounds inflict pain upon the paitient.
- Opponents are struggling to inflict damage on Serena Williams.
- Syria forces inflict heavy losses on militants.
- He witnesses the attack and the brutality the Indians inflict on the white man.
- The judge can acquit the defendant or inflict the punishment requested.