Thesaurus for influence
Definition of influence
- (n): causing something without any direct or apparent effort
- (n): a power to affect persons or events especially power based on prestige etc; "used her parents'' influence to get the job"
- (n): a cognitive factor that tends to have an effect on what you do; "her wishes had a great influence on his thinking"
- (n): one having power to influence another; "she was the most important influence in my life"; "he was a bad influence on the children"
- (n): the effect of one thing (or person) on another; "the influence of mechanical action"
- (v): shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- (v): induce into action by using one''s charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- (v): have and exert influence or effect; "The artist''s work influenced the young painter"; "She worked on her friends to support the political candidate"