Pronunciation of inheritance: IH0 N HH EH1 R AH0 T AH0 N S (ɪn'hɛrɪtəns)
Number of syllables of inheritance: 4
Definition of inheritance
- (n): hereditary succession to a title or an office or property
- (n): any attribute or immaterial possession that is inherited from ancestors; "my only inheritance was my mother''s blessing"; "the world''s heritage of knowledge"
- (n): (genetics) attributes acquired via biological heredity from the parents
- (n): that which is inherited; a title or property or estate that passes by law to the heir on the death of the owner
Examples of inheritance
- The funeral ale and the passing of inheritance.
- Grace wants the inheritance and the secret recipe.
- Israel is the inheritance of Jacob, of the Jewish people.
- The laws of inheritance favored the male.
- She wants the inheritance.
- Could you further elaborate the inheritance of the fort
- A vicious struggle over the inheritance developed in the family.
- The man gave his inheritance to the donee.
- Consanguinity is also relevant in issues of inheritance.
- Galbatorix is the main antagonist of the Inheritance cycle.