Thesaurus for intend
Pronunciation of intend: IH0 N T EH1 N D
Number of syllables of intend: 2
Pronunciation Video of intend
Definition of intend
- (v): have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn''t think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
- (v): design or destine; "She was intended to become the director"
- (v): denote or connote; "`maison'' means `house'' in French"; "An example sentence would show what this word means"
- (v): mean or intend to express or convey; "You never understand what I mean!"; "what do his words intend?"
Examples of intend
- I didn't intend to do any filibuster.
- Additionally, the thief must intend to defraud.
- I did not intend to cast aspersion.
- The information is strictly objective and intend to inform and edify.
- Did they intend to procrastinate and wait until the last minute
- I didn't intend to maul the person.
- Hitler did not intend to castigate or humiliate the dissidents in public.
- I didn't intend to maunder all day long about it.
- I intend to be cackling lasciviously well into my dotage.
- I didn't intend to remove the link to confection.