Thesaurus for interchange
Pronunciation of interchange: IH0 N T ER0 CH EY1 N JH (,ɪntər'ʧeɪndʒ)
Number of syllables of interchange: 3
Pronunciation Video of interchange
Definition of interchange
- (n): mutual interaction; the activity of interchanging or reciprocating
- (n): reciprocal transfer of equivalent sums of money especially the currencies of different countries; "he earns his living from the interchange of currency"
- (n): a junction of highways on different levels that permits traffic to move from one to another without crossing traffic streams
- (v): reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- (v): cause to change places; "interchange this screw for one of a smaller size"
- (v): give to, and receive from, one another; "Would you change places with me?"; "We have been exchanging letters for a year"
Examples of interchange
- The new interchange is scheduled to open in the spring of 2010.
- Wright Road continues to the north of the interchange.
- The route terminates at the northern edge of the interchange.
- In the vicinity of this interchange, the route is maintained by the state.
- The long route is comprised solely of the interchange between the two highways.
- Grading is evident on the west side of the interchange.
- The remains of the interchange are still visible today.
- It is the main bus interchange for the northern areas of the Gold Coast.
- The station connects the with the in cross platform interchange type.
- Beyond the tollbooth lies an interchange serving the town of Roff.