Thesaurus for judge
- related terms
Pronunciation of judge: JH AH1 JH
Number of syllables of judge: 1
Pronunciation Video of judge
Definition of judge
- (n): an authority who is able to estimate worth or quality
- (n): a public official authorized to decide questions bought before a court of justice
- (v): form an opinion of or pass judgment on; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"
- (v): determine the result of (a competition)
- (v): judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- (v): pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- (v): put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"